With many opinions about internet gambling and the age limit flying around, I was able to interview my dad about these obstacles. Many people believe that internet gambling should not be legalized because there would be an increase in the number of problem gamblers. With restrictions this could be prevented. As internet gambling was legalized in the UK and Europe, there has not been an increase in the number of problem gamblers (Pfanner 4). When asked about his feelings on this, my dad then stated, “I feel this would differ in the United States because of our culture.” I feel that internet gambling will benefit this industry’s revenue, because it makes up a great number the revenue in Europe; therefore it should be legalized. Opposing, my dad thinks that if it was legalized “kids would have more access [to it].”
I feel that the gambling age at casinos should remain at twenty-one opposed to eighteen. My dad agrees with this because, “Young kids don’t need to ruin their lives early. They should focus more on school.” However, if casinos were to restrict the hours of gambling for eighteen year olds, they may be able to keep them focused on school, and avoid bankruptcy of the teenagers. This would also halt the increase in addicts. My dad feels he is not addicted because he “keeps [gambling] under control” and that “restrictions play a big part in addictions to gambling.” Thus, the gambling age at casinos should remain at twenty-one and in my opinion, internet gambling should be legalized.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete